In-Home Support for New Mothers
Phone: (651) 747-6954
In-home customized support services for new mothers and their families, including postpartum nurturing, newborn and infant care, breastfeeding support, meal preparation, household management, and sibling care. Serving the Twin Cities and surrounding area (45 minute driving radius from St. Paul).
Postpartum services are customized to address the unique needs of each woman and family. Services can be scheduled in blocks of time ranging from one hour* to eight. Contact us to book your services. Some families prefer one eight-hour visit, while others might prefer a two-hour visit once a week for an extended period of time. Choose whatever works best for your family; the options are many. Most services start at $20/hour. For a family with a single newborn situation, the $20/hour rate typically applies. Certain circumstances may require additional pricing. For example, sibling care for more than two additional children may be charged differently, as will meal preparation through Let’s Dish! which has its own costs involved. Contact us to discuss pricing questions. Services include, but may not be limited to…
- Nurturing of the new mother: a listening ear, assistance processing or writing down the birth experience, helpful conversation, assistance with relaxation, meal or snack preparation, discussion of rest and nutrition needs, and tips to help the post-birth healing process
- Breastfeeding support: support from a breastfeeding mother with experience and additional resources
- New baby care: care of the baby so mother can sleep, shower, etc. as well as building your confidence in the basics of infant care, such as bathing, dressing, diapering, feeding, and sleeping
- Meal preparation: Either fresh and ready-to-eat or frozen for later use, using in-home tools, space, and ingredients or Let’s Dish!
- Household care: laundry, linens, sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, dishes, light cleaning, plant care, pet care, dog walking, errand-running, and handling phone calls and visitors
- Sibling care: care for older children so that mother and new baby can rest and bond
*Some locations may require a minimum number of hours of services scheduled per time, due to driving distances, etc.
Limitations of Services: Better Beginnings does not
1. perform medical or clinical tasks, such as exams or monitoring.
2. provide cleaning services beyond light housework as detailed above.
3. provide long-term or extensive childcare.