One of the most important decisions you are going to make in regards to your wedding is picking the perfect BUDGET-MINDED wedding photographer! Below are some reputable and referred local wedding photographers:
Studio Delphianblue, LLC – “High-End Wedding Photography, WITHOUT the High-End Price!” Studio Delphianblue specializes specifically in weddings and events in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa. We have a team of seasoned professional wedding photographers (you can choose your photographer)! Engagement sessions are available and may be discounted depending on package selected. Multiple discounts available!
Bev’s Bay Photo – Your wedding day is one of the most important days of your life so let me know what YOU want. When planning your big day, please give a lot of thought to the time it is going to take to get your pictures done so you will have gorgeous portraits.
We know that you are on a budget, below is a guide to help you choose the right photographer for your special day:
- Look for a Photographer Within Your Budget
When you start searching for a photographer, check out prices right away. See if they offer any discounts if your wedding is off-season, on a weekday, or if they offer a combo discount of any kind. Some photographers will do this. Find out exactly what their packages and pricing include.
- Review the Photographers Portfolio
Review the portfolios of photographers that fit within your budget. Keep in mind photo quality, their artistic style, composition, and lighting! Ask your photographer what equipment they shoot with. Always ask them if they shoot with at least TWO cameras, and different lenses-this is important, as you may never know if a problem were to arise, they are prepared with back-up equipment!
- Check out the Photographers References and Reputation
The easiest way to do this is to “google” them! There are many websites out there where brides and grooms have left real feedback and testimonials. You may even want to check with the Better Business Bureau. http://www.bbb.org/minnesota
- Meet With or Call Your Photographer
If you are able to meet in person, ask your photographer to bring their printed portfolio with for you to view… if they don’t have one… RUN! Every professional wedding photographer WILL have a printed portfolio, if they don’t, chances are you are not talking to a professional. You will want to get a feeling of your photographers personality and communicate with them exactly what you are looking for. Questions you should ask:
– Are they the actual photographer that you will see on your wedding day?
– How many weddings have they photographed?
– How long have they been a wedding photographer?
– What services are included in their pricing?
– Can they provide you with a contract?
– Can they give you a firm timeline for when your images will be delivered to you?
– Do they shoot, and include any editing services? Is there any extra charge for editing?
– Can they provide you with digital images (and how will they be delivered)?
– Do you have to order prints directly through the photographer?
– Do they charge extra for a print release?
– Are they insured?
– Are they registered with the state of Minnesota, and an actual business?
– Do they charge a deposit? Is it reasonable?
– When is final payment due?
- Finalize Your Choice
Make sure your photographer provides you with all details and all final costs. Always get a signed copy of your contract. Have your photographer provide you with receipts. An experienced photographer always connects with their clients a week or two before the wedding to go over final details. Make sure that you have all of your photographers contact information, and don’t be shy in calling them with any questions you may have!
Are you looking for a PHOTO BOOTH for your wedding reception? Check out our recommendations!